How to Use Your SafeMe Device
Charging the Batteries
- The rechargeable batteries are already installed. The unit cannot be opened, as this will void the warranty.
- Before use please check that SafeME Device is fully charged. (All were charged initially but battery may drain if unused for long periods) You can find out by plugging the charging cord to charging port and then to wall outlet. If the light turns red then it needs charging. When the light turns green it is fully charged. If battery is low it may take up to 8 hours.
- IMPORTANT: Do not charge for more than 8 hours at a time. Overcharging can damage the unit and void the warranty. Under normal use the unit will need to be recharged for 8 hours every 60 days. If it is used frequently or if the electrical charge produced by the taser becomes noticeably weaker, the unit will need to be recharged.
Testing the Taser (WARNING: Do not test fire the taser for more than 1 second as this will damage the unit and void the warranty.)
- Slide the Safety Switch (On/Off button) to the left to turn OFF the safety. The blue light indicates taser is active and should remain on while safety is off. (If the blue light blinks on but then disappears when turning safety off then this is another indication device needs to be recharged.)
- Close your hand tightly around the base of the unit to press the defense button located on the bottom of the unit to test the taser. You will both see and hear an electrical charge fire across the top of the unit between the Contact Probes.
- When testing is complete, slide the Safety Switch to the right to turn the safety back ON. The Blue Warning Light will turn off.
Using this product in Self Defense
- We recommend carrying this unit in your dominant hand keeping it in the “ready position” (the band around your fingers and base in the palm of your hand).
- At the first sign of a threat, turn off the safety as described in #2 under “Testing the Taser.”
- Depending on the situation you can defend yourself by using the loud noise from the SafeMe Device (without contact), whipping an attacker with your dangling keys, making contact with the SafeMe Device for 1-4 seconds, or a combination of the 3.
- To use the SafeMe Device taser, touch your assailant’s body with contact probes and tighten your hand to press the pink-colored buttons.
- Touching anywhere on the assailant’s body will have an effect; however, the maximum effect is achieved in sensitive areas such neck, face/eyes, inner arm, inner leg, and groin area (if naked).
- When touching the assailant’s body, you will not see or hear the electrical charge as you do when the unit is test-fired. You can hold down the pink-colored buttons for more than 1 second, as this will not damage the unit, as it will when being test-fired.
- You do not have to be concerned about the effects of the charge being transferred to you. Even if the assailant touches you while being stunned, you will not feel the effects of the charge.
Effects of the Taser on an Assailant
- Touching an assailant for less than 1 second will cause minor muscle contractions and have a repelling effect.
- Touching an assailant for 1 to 2 seconds will cause muscle spasms and a dazed mental state.
- Touching an assailant for 3 to 5 seconds will cause loss of balance and muscle control, total mental confusion, and disorientation. All effects to the assailant are temporary; the taser can cause no permanent harm. (NOTE: The device should not be used for longer than 5 seconds.)